Sanitizing hands, disinfecting surfaces, gadgets, etc, Alcohol-based products are currently put to use everywhere to safeguard against the novel coronavirus. Some of the pros of these products include:
- Kills Germs: Alcohol is one of the potent ingredients for killing bacteria, germs, viruses, etc. Using alcohol-based products in the form of sanitizers, disinfectants, floor cleaners, etc has been proven effective in preventing the spread of the virus through contact, and ensuring that your surroundings are always free from harmful microorganisms.
- Easy access: Washing your hands with soap and water isn’t practical everywhere. But carrying a bottle of sanitizer/surface disinfectant is. Carrying alcohol-based hand sanitizers/surface disinfectants in small bottles can be easy and life-saving for people who are constantly on the go.
- Cost-effective: The growing use of alcohol-based products to fight through the ongoing pandemic has led to large scale production and reduced prices of the products. These are economical and available in all sizes to suit different budgets.
- Lasts Longer: Most hanWhy using alcohol-based products is a must in 2020! d-sanitizers come with a shelf-life of almost 2-3 years. With a coin-sized amount being effective for regular use, these sanitizers are cost-effective.
- Skin-Friendly: Alcohol is not the best product to apply to your skin. But due to the outbreak of coronavirus, and the need for constant use, natural formulations have been introduced that don’t just help in fighting the virus but also moisturize your skin and take care of your hands.
Cons of Alcohol-based Products
While alcohol-based products are a great advantage as the first line of protection against the virus, they come with a few cons too. These are:
- Don’t work on grime: Alcohol-based products like hand-sanitizers, or disinfectants are great for killing germs, but they are not a substitute for soap and water. These do kill the germs/virus on the skin but aren’t effective in removing them from the skin surface, whereas soap & water cling to the bacteria and remove them from the skin surface leaving the skin clean and healthy.
- Some brands are ineffective: Not all alcohol-based products deliver good results. The other ingredients matter too. And so using a trusted and natural formulation is a must.
- Damages skin: Frequent use of alcohol-based products can end up damaging your skin. These can make your skin dry unless the formulation includes a moisturizing agent.
In the current times, good hygiene and disinfecting are paramount to securing your health and adding an extra layer of protection against the virus. Advait’s alcohol-based products such as hand sanitizers, surface disinfectants, gadget disinfectants, etc act as a powerful, essential, and pocket-friendly protection from the virus at all times.
Because in these challenging times, safety and hygiene matters the most!